Linux Tonidosync gui issue

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
SC23
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Linux Tonidosync gui issue

Postby SC23 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:43 pm

I realize there are a billion linux flavors with a billion window managers and desktop environments and it is impossible to support them all. I am hoping for an easy way to solve my problem or at least a suggestion.

The problem is that the gui for the settings as well as the popup for the tray icon are both unreadable for me as attached. The background and the text are so dark they are unreadable. I have tried different window settings, different themes and everything I can think of to change the colors and I just cant manage to make it legible. FWIW Im in Mint 17 KDE. I dont have this issue with any other application, settings popup, tray notification or any other item in any window except Tonido.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really really like Tonido and use it for my phones, tablets, and have become quite very attached to it.

Thanks,
SC
Attachments
tonidosync.png
tonidosync.png (137.11 KiB) Viewed 7805 times

SC23
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Linux Tonidosync gui issue

Postby SC23 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:32 pm

Just in case Im getting crickets because it isnt a supported OS.. It is basically Ubuntu.. so.. anything that works in Ubuntu works in Mint..

hameetha
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby hameetha » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:47 am

we will get back to you after checking the issue.

orezero
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby orezero » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:01 am

I solved this problem on my Kubuntu / Linux Mint-KDE system by changing my GTK2 theme from oxygen-gtk to Clearlooks.

To make the change: System Settings >> Application Appearance >> GTK.

Play with the various choices available for "Select a GTK2 Theme, then restart tonidosyncstart.sh. One of the themes should work for you. If not, you can try downloading a GTK2 theme.

Clearlooks, if it is not available to you, can be downloaded at: https://opendesktop.org/content/show.php?content=19527

hameetha
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby hameetha » Wed May 06, 2015 2:10 am

Thanks for the feedback. Will fix this issue and update.

orezero
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby orezero » Tue May 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Thanks, Tonido Team --

But here's another request for you while you update:

The TonidoSync client does not work with Plasma 5 because, I believe, Plasma 5 no longer supports Xembed. I am a desktop user, not a power user, so I don't really know what that means, but do you think that you might be able to update the TonidoSync indicator so that it works with KDE versions of Kubuntu and/or Linux Mint?

tcspid
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby tcspid » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi!
I am a KDE user for Linux too and after spending some $ and lots of time to create my own cloud sync server, on my last step to sync my computer, the Tonido Sync client for Linux does not work! It does appear to be "working", however, I cannot edit the sync client settings. I was looking for a settings file that I could edit instead of using the gui settings command, but could not find where the server url is stored in any file. Is there an xml file or other file that I could edit and manually type in the server url and password?
My excitement at getting this to work to only be stopped by this very small compatibility oversight is crushing. Help would be appreciated!

hameetha
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby hameetha » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:31 am

We don't have the option to set the sync settings via command line.

tcspid
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby tcspid » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Changing the GTK settings to Clearlooks worked. Sync works fine in Linux Mint KDE 17.1 with the updated GTK theme settings.

Return to “Tonido Software”