Failed contacting host/Failed connecting to server

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: Failed contacting host/Failed connecting to server

Postby madhan » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:52 pm

We checked our servers and all we can say is that connection is received from your system ok but subsequently the connection times out and disconnects from our servers.

We can't say why that is happening and at this point I can only speculate that it is a network connectivity issue but have nothing more useful than that.

You could disable relay and just do port forwarding to workaround for now.

tebco
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby tebco » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:59 am

I too am having this problem, it just happened over the past week. I'm using Tondio on my phone and Tonido Drive on a couple computers. All firewalls have been disabled to see if this is my issue although tonido is an exception yet no results have come of it. I still fail to contact host, I'm going to try this work around method mentioned above to see if I can at least get around this inconvenience.

tebco
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby tebco » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:24 am

disabling and re-enabling relay seemed to have fixed my problem not sure if this will help anyone else and I don't know why it worked but it did.

Thanks and good luck to you guys :D

A Bull
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby A Bull » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:54 am

Hi!
Could one of the team please respond to my post of 19 February and check whether my "stantoncloud" is now pointing to your server. Still unable to use relay.
Thanks

rrodgers
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby rrodgers » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:19 am

I too am still having the same issue. BUT this time it only started after I uninstalled it on my new LG Volt phone.

For a few days after I first installed it was working fine. Then I started getting the failed to connect to server message each and every time any video file I was viewing ended. I would need to logout and then choose my computer (running Win 7) again to navigate to the next video file I wanted to view.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
And once again I'm stuck with it not being able to connect when I try to sign in. I have checked my computer - tonido is running. I am able to login on my phone and computer's browers I am able to open files through either browser.
Just not the app.

Frustrated. Please help us figure out why this is happening to the app!

PS wanted to add that the only way I was able to fix this issue previously was by creating a brand new server name/account.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:43 pm

Are you able to connect to the server from a browser?

Return to “Tonido Software”