Difficulty with large files

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
mike
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Re: Difficulty with large files

Postby mike » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:53 pm

kbaum wrote:I've been using Backup since the first posting on this thread and have updated with each new release, but I still have the same problem with files larger than 1 Gig. "username@tonido.com disconnected! Backup of record interrupted." This occurs about 16 times, then on the 17th try the backup finally completes successfully. I am using periodic backup for this routine, and have scheduled it to run in the middle of the night when there's no activity on either the source computer, or the tonido plug. Is this still a known issue that is being worked on?

It's been a year since this post and still unanswered. I am experiencing the "disconnected! Backup of record [ 7 ] interrupted" message repeatedly when trying to backup from a Mac to the TondioPlug and now the Plug seems to be crashing and needs to be power cycled to be responsive. I believe I am on the latest version of Backup - v2.26.0.13504.

agrajag
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby agrajag » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:22 am

As they posted in other threads i think they are completely reworking the backup-App.
So i think we only can wait for the next release (and hope the backup-App has changed than).
It's annoying that there is no Roadmap or Feature-/Bugtracking System, so that we can see whats in the pipeline and what they are working on.
Searching the Forum for things that going on is a pain in the ass.

mike
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby mike » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:18 am

So this next release has been a year in the making?

kbaum
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby kbaum » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Yeah. Apparently a year in the making, but at no cost to us. Fortunately, I have other reliable backup systems, and I have the luxury of being able to wait. I am still using Backup, and it seems to work "ok", but I don't/can't rely on it for mission critical backups. I will be happy to see improvements when they happen because I am a strong advocate of open source solutions and have been pleased to see Tonido continue to make progress.

mike
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby mike » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to make sense of posts on the forum from last year saying a fix or improvement would be in the next version.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:50 pm

We constantly strive to deliver the improvements that helps the most number of users. For the last 6 to 8 months that has been mobile apps. Once that is all stable and working, we are moving our attention to other parts of Tonido.

Backup is an important part of our strategy.

kbaum
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby kbaum » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:14 am

Glad to hear it's part of the strategy. The Backup program is a large part of the reason I started with Tonido.

Return to “Tonido Software”