Guest "Photos" link in left panel

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
clifhanger_uk
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Guest "Photos" link in left panel

Postby clifhanger_uk » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:16 am

Hi, When i log into my tonido plug as a the main user i get a "Photos" link in left bar... The guests don't seem to get this. Is it a feature not available to guests? It would be nice for guests to be able to browse the photos I have shared with them in the same way I can rather than have to only view via opening a specific folder..

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Guest "Photos" link in left panel

Postby rydgaze » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into adding it. The "Photos" is your indexed photos but the share s are done on a file or folder basis and that is why currently we show the shared folders to the guests.

clifhanger_uk
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Re: Guest "Photos" link in left panel

Postby clifhanger_uk » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:44 pm

Thanks rydgaze, yes, I'd certainly expect Guests to have the same view of the photos, videos etc that I have...

There does seem to be an acceptance in the development of Tonido that Guest users have less functionality as well as access rights... In my house the Guest is my wife, my kids, the content on the plug is as much theirs as it is mine but Guests seem to have poor functionality... There should be 3 user profiles.. Me (lead), super guest (others who 'own' the content) and normal guests, family/friends..

Peter

Return to “Tonido Software”