Tonido For Rasperry Pi

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
r8plicant
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Tonido For Rasperry Pi

Postby r8plicant » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:44 am

Same problem for me too! Looks like Tonido doesn't work on Raspberry Pi 1, or did anyone succeed? There's no error message except for the bogus "nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout" and the 10001 port is not binded to listening mode.

facuz wrote:
Hi!

I installed Tonido via SSH on my Raspberry 2 running a completely fresh install of OSMC. I know Tonido supports raspbian and raspbmc, not OMSC, but I figured since OSMC is sort of the succesor to raspbmc it should work. The installation seemed to work, the last step gave me:

CODE: SELECT ALL
osmc@osmc:/usr/local/tonido$ ./tonido.sh start
Starting Tonido Service:osmc@osmc:/usr/local/tonido$ nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout

However, accessing my Raspberry IP at http://192.168.xx.xx:10001/ doesn’t work. I'm apparently unable to connect.

I understand Raspberry 2 has a slightly different architecture than the original Raspberry, but this thread only mentions this being a problem with Tonido apps.

So, I'm not sure how to proceed.

Same problem for me! installation seems ok, but there is no way to access the configuration page at http://192.168.x.x:10001
Hope for a reply

Thanks

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:53 am

Tonido was originally built for the raspberry pi v1. It probably won't work correctly as the CPU arch was changed in the later versions.
We will need to recompile and release it for the latest version of Raspberry Pi.
Is the latest version 2 or 3 and what do most people use these days?

nagapriya
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby nagapriya » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:34 am

i understand, that, tonido works fine now.

glad you are happy.

shubhamj84
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby shubhamj84 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:20 am

Hello,

We used the instructions on the following page
http://www.tonido.com/support/display/docs/Raspberry+Pi

to install tonido on raspberry pi 3. We are interested only in a local personal cloud. It works well.

The tarball is for arch armv6l of rpi, but it is working on rpi3 which is armv8.

But the problem is that on every reboot of rpi3, all apps get suspended. The Apps section does not show that at once, but we are unable to find anything under SHARING section on the left pane. So on clicking Resume All Applications, all apps show that they have been suspended. Then each app has to be resumed individually, then only tonido works as required.

We tried using USB pen drive and without it too. As we have not done installation on pen drive it should not matter, and it didn't matter i.e. in both cases we got same result. Apps get suspended on reboot.

What is the solution to this problem? We skimmed through the docs and forum, but could not find anything.

By what do I replace armv6l in manifest.xml with? Is it armv8 or armv8l? Replacing was one of the solutions to make it work on newer versions of rpi in one of the threads. This was for making rpi work with the old tarballs, but our installation is working, it gets suspended only on reboot.

Is it that as tonido is usually installed on computers which do not reboot frequently, it works only in those cases? Resumption has to be done manually everytime???

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,
Shubham Jain

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:28 am

Hi,

Tonido was designed for the older version of RaspBerry Pi. We haven't compiled it for the recent version.

youRPi
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby youRPi » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:22 pm

Sreeja wrote:
shubhamj84 wrote:Hello,

We used the instructions on the following page
http://www.tonido.com/support/display/docs/Raspberry+Pi

to install tonido on raspberry pi 3. We are interested only in a local personal cloud. It works well.

The tarball is for arch armv6l of rpi, but it is working on rpi3 which is armv8.

But the problem is that on every reboot of rpi3, all apps get suspended. The Apps section does not show that at once, but we are unable to find anything under SHARING section on the left pane. So on clicking Resume All Applications, all apps show that they have been suspended. Then each app has to be resumed individually, then only tonido works as required.

We tried using USB pen drive and without it too. As we have not done installation on pen drive it should not matter, and it didn't matter i.e. in both cases we got same result. Apps get suspended on reboot.

What is the solution to this problem? We skimmed through the docs and forum, but could not find anything.

By what do I replace armv6l in manifest.xml with? Is it armv8 or armv8l? Replacing was one of the solutions to make it work on newer versions of rpi in one of the threads. This was for making rpi work with the old tarballs, but our installation is working, it gets suspended only on reboot.

Is it that as tonido is usually installed on computers which do not reboot frequently, it works only in those cases? Resumption has to be done manually everytime???

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,
Shubham Jain

Hi,

Tonido was designed for the older version of RaspBerry Pi. We haven't compiled it for the recent version.

Any estimate when Tonido will be compiled for RaspBerry Pi 3? I have been having the same problems, and couldn't figure out was wrong until I stumbled across this thread. Or, has anybody else figured out a work around yet? Searching on Google has lead me nowhere...

and4zej
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby and4zej » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:12 am

+1. I wish I could install this on my Raspberry pi as well.

patman2
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby patman2 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Chalk up another +1 for an update. Tonido server use to work great for me on a Pi 2, but now that I've updated to Jessie Lite (latest version) it's a no go. I get the Nohop error.

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:11 am

We've taken your concern to the development team. We'll keep you posted

jimwells
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby jimwells » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:53 am

I have the same problem. I get:
tonido $ nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout
when I try to start it. Is there a fix or work around yet?

Return to “Tonido Software”