Share Files from TonidoDrive?

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
visionmep
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Share Files from TonidoDrive?

Postby visionmep » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:26 pm

I know you can use the "Just 1 Click to Share" method to share files from the computer running Tonido server.

I was wondering if I have a different computer running TonidoDrive and have my drive mounted, can I use the same "Just 1 Click to Share" method to share the link of that file? Or, does the "Just 1 Click to Share" only work for the computer running the Tonido server software?

Thanks!

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Share Files from TonidoDrive?

Postby rydgaze » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:49 pm

No, Tonido Drive is not going to let you do that. You can only do the rightclick files in the same system where tonido is running.

For all other locations, you would need to use the browser UI to create the share or if you use mobile devices , you can use the apps to create the share.

Machete
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby Machete » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:15 am

Have you considered creating that functionality for Drive? From a FileCloud standpoint, that would be huge. I think there are probably some more critical items to accomplish first in Drive like file locking and more refinement in Cache handling but having the Share ability from the right click context menu would be awesome! Just my $.02 worth.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:21 pm

We plan to bring this option to the Sync app in the future, we will consider it for the drive.

Return to “Tonido Software”