Opening PDF, TXT files in Browser

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
MikeDBF
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Opening PDF, TXT files in Browser

Postby MikeDBF » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:26 pm

Using any of 3 browsers (IE, FF, Chrome) - all of which can open PDF files in the browser - shared PDF, TXT files on the plug (version 1) do not open in the browser. If I explicitly share the single file, the file opens in the browser. If I share a folder full of pdf files, none of them open directly; they have to be downloaded first. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: Opening PDF, TXT files in Browser

Postby madhan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:39 am

Currently when you click on "Download" we send an explicit command in the response to make the browser download the file, this was requested by users.

MikeDBF
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby MikeDBF » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:59 pm

On photos, there is an option to open. Can this be done for text & pdf files as well? Since browsers can now handle such files with a simple plug-in, this would be a lot more convenient than having to download & then open. Also, if there are a lot of such files, it would be more convenient to have the files open in the browser, to see if it's the file you're looking for.

I am using the Tonidoplug to allow client access to their own files, and opening pdfs in the browser would make life simpler for them. Thanks.

cwild1
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby cwild1 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:05 pm

This would be a very nice feature to have!

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback, we will look into adding this.

pittypan
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby pittypan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:10 am

MikeDBF wrote:On photos, there is an option to open. Can this be done for text & pdf files as well? Since browsers can now handle such files with a simple plug-in, this would be a lot more convenient than having to download & then open. Also, if there are a lot of such files, it would be more convenient to have the pdf files view in the web browser, to see if it's the file you're looking for.

I am using the Tonidoplug to allow client access to their own files, and
opening pdfs in the browser would make life simpler for them. Thanks.

Are you saying to add an built-in pdf file reader just like Firefox has used? I am looking for this feature to be added. So please inform of me once it is done. :D

Return to “Tonido Software”