Tonido Desktop OS-X Mountain Lion

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
Swcng2001
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Tonido Desktop OS-X Mountain Lion

Postby Swcng2001 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:33 pm

I don't use the Tonido browser a lot on my Mac. I tend to use the iPad client a lot, so I don't know whether its an update that caused this. Now when I open the browser on my iMac, the tonido Home page is very basic and does not allow me (for example) to make changes to my settings. Also, the file browser does not show any files whatsoever and I cannot navigate around my hard disk! I am attaching a screen capture to this post.

As suggested in one of the posts on this forum, I should move the Tonido App out of my Applications folder on to the Desktop, shutdown the Tonido App and then restarted it from the desktop (with ML, I had to option-drag the app to the desktop and then delete it from the Applications folder!!!). This did not work, even after rebooting.

One other thing - my iPad client installed when I first installed Tonido months ago can access my Mac's file system with no problem at all. However, if I used the Safari browser instead to login to my tonido account, I obtain the same crippled window.

I also tried installing the Tonido client on other iPads and Macs which I have access to, they all displayed the same crippled screen.

To save time fault finding etc, I am more inclined to uninstall the Tonido Desktop and then reinstall it. Question is - how do I do this? If anyone has any other suggestion, I would be happy to try.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Tonido2.jpg
Tonido2.jpg (65.41 KiB) Viewed 2315 times

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: Tonido Desktop OS-X Mountain Lion

Postby madhan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Very Strange indeed. Please download the latest version from our site, delete the old tonido app from applications (or desktop) and then just copy the tonido app into applications or dekstop and restart.

Swcng2001
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby Swcng2001 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 am

I did as you suggested. NO JOY! I still get that basic screen without any means of changing settings, or browsing my file system.

How do I clean up my entire system of any artefacts left by Tonido so that I can install onto a completely clean system?

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:00 am

You could delete the app and then delete the your home directory/tonido directory.
~/tonido in the commandline.

Swcng2001
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby Swcng2001 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:05 pm

It works now. I deleted the app, the ~/tonido folder, rebooted, reinstalled and did a recovery. Now everything seems to be working as it should and clients on iPad and other computers are also able to access.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “Tonido Software”