Installation - Windows Moving from Client to Home Server

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
martini
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Installation - Windows Moving from Client to Home Server

Postby martini » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to move my Tonido instalation from my workstation to my Windows Home Server (WHS) but I'm having problems doing so. I've installed Tonido on the WHS but when I try and run it I'm presented with the usual default 'New Tonido Account' page. I try and use the 'Recover Account' option but it reports 'Invalid Email Provided'. I've tried moving my profile from AppData on the Client to the WHS but I still get presented with 'New Tonido Account' page when I start Tonido.

Can you please advise steps to move my account from Client to WHS? Is there some reason why Tonido won't run on the WHS machine?

Many thanks.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: Installation - Windows Moving from Client to Home Server

Postby madhan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Did you copy your profile folder into the Tonido data profiles directory?
Did you restart Tonido after that?

byonge
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby byonge » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi,
I moved Tonido to my Windows Home Server. However, I just ran it under a new username. I did not try to move my installation. That was not a problem, because I am the only user accessing it. It works fine once I remotely log on to my server, however Tonido won't start up until I log on. Any idea how to get Tonido to start on the server without logging in? I have tried scheduling it at system startup, but that did not work.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:12 pm

You might need to run it as a service, however that is available only as a beta in Tonido pro.

martini
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby martini » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:38 am

Thanks for the response. Made some progress. Now running ok from Admin account when logged in. Will try and move to a 'user' account and run as service. Yes, I have Tonido Pro and understand the need to 'Run as a Service'. The problem I experienced was due to having copied the profile/data into the 'wrong' 'appdata' directory. Strange though that the 'Account Recovery' option doesn't seem to work. I'll post another update once I've finalised the configuration.

Return to “Tonido Software”