Windows Folder Trouble

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
jaffal
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Windows Folder Trouble

Postby jaffal » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Hello,

The content of the folder I used to do a test of Tonido Photo is now unaccessible.

When I try to open a JPG picture, MS Windows XP tells me it does not have a correct JPG header or something.

Something similar happens when I try to open the Photoshop files that are in that same folder.

When I look the folder's properties, I see a black square in the Read Only box. Even though I uncheck it and Apply it, the black square is still there when I reopen the properties window.

What gives ?

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Windows Folder Trouble

Postby rydgaze » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:48 pm

Is this a source folder or a folder where Tonido Photos downloaded images from remote client?
Source folder data is not modified by Tonido Photos. But the photos that are downloaded by Tonido Photos might be in progress (or incomplete).
When photos are downloaded, the thumbnail might available but the file content might still be downloading.

I dont think the readonly flag of a folder should have any bearing on the content of photos.

jaffal
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Windows Folder Trouble

Postby jaffal » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:12 am

It is a source folder located on my Windows XP desktop and no downloading was going on.

I used this folder with both Webshare and Tonido Photo.

When I realized I could not open the documents in this folder, I erased both links I had setup in Tonido (Photo and Webshare).

The only out of the ordinary event in the life of this folder were the sharing links setup from within Tonido.

I have weeks of photo retouching invested in that folder.

Return to “Tonido Software”