TonidoFox Plugin

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
edandyolie
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

TonidoFox Plugin

Postby edandyolie » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:10 pm

I installed Firefox plugin. The icon loaded in bottom right corner of browser window but it is grayed out. When I double click icon I get a small window that says "Profile locked or Server unavailable". How can I resolve this so plugin is functional?

Ed Thompson

edandyolie
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: TonidoFox Plugin

Postby edandyolie » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:30 pm

I finally figured out how to make plugin functional. I reset Tonido Server settings. I checked "Local System" box. I entered my notebook's IP address and finally entered "Tonido HTTP Port" number. Will these settings still allow me to access my network, notebook remotely?

Ed Thompson

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: TonidoFox Plugin

Postby rydgaze » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:06 pm

Hi,

TonidoFox requires a Tonido server running in a system. If the Tonido server is running in a system other than the one where you have installed Tonido fox, then the Tonido's HTTP port must be forwarded correctly. If you need help setting port forward for your system, please let us know and we will try to walk you through it.

Here are some tips to setup TonidoFox

1. Before, Tonidofox can be used, set tonido server information. This menu can be accessed by right clicking the Tonidofox icon in the status bar and selecting the "Set/Change Tonido Server" option.

2a. If the Tonido server you are trying to monitor is running in the same system as the firefox browser containing Tonidofox plugin, then simply select the "Local System" checkbox and enter the Tonido Server's HTTP Port number (10001 by default).

2b. If the Tonido server you are trying to monitor is running in a different system, then you need to enter the Tonidoid address (yourprofilename.tonidoid.com) and the Tonido Server's HTTP port number. Note: You should have done port forward setup to allow access to the remote Tonido Server. For example, if my Tonido server is running with a profile name "mike" and using port 10001, then I would enter mike.tonidoid.com in "Tonido Host Name" and 10001 in "Tonido HTTP Port".

3. Once this setup is done, Tonidofox will begin monitoring (and this is done every 30 seconds currently). So, There might be a delay in Tonidofox to change from "grayed" icon to "yellow" (Indicating No new message/invite) or "red" (indicating new message or invite).

You can also right click Tonidofox and select any of the Tonido server's application to launch directly. For example, if you have your music collection in Tonido Jukebox running in your home computer, then with Tonidofox installed in your office computer, you can launch Tonido Jukebox using Tonidofox.

Please let us know if you need any other information.

Thank you

Return to “Tonido Software”