XP Tonido Desktop Jukebox: full collection access.

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
optofonik
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

XP Tonido Desktop Jukebox: full collection access.

Postby optofonik » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:51 am

Guest access to my full collection seems obvious to me. I really want Tonido Desktop to succeed and this seems an obvious feature.

There is a market outside of TonidoPlug willing to pay for the software alone. Not everyone needs a piece of hardware to feel a sense of value and plug computing is still a very new paradigm for most people. Also, during a recession the ability to turn an old laptop or desktop into something useful for $50.00 is more appealing than buying another "gadget" for $100.00. Consider the current market and how to tap into people's desire for new technology even as they are tightening their budgets. Hook them with a full version of Tonido Desktop during these challenging financial times and when things improve you will have a loyal user base willing to finally recycle their power hungry old computer for TonidoPlug. It will seem like even more of a bargain. Offer a 10% discount for people who want to upgrade from the "Desktop" to the "Plug" and I imagine your profit margin will be huge because $50.00 for a full version of Tonido Desktop (with WebsharePro) will garner larger profit than TonidoPlug. Considering how useful the overall Tonido experience is I think most people will see the initial investment in Desktop and the subsequent upgrade to Plug (total: $150.00) as a bargain.

Sigh...

If only I ran the world. ;)

tonido4umadmin
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: XP Tonido Desktop Jukebox: full collection access.

Postby tonido4umadmin » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:59 am

Hi Optofonik,

Our goal is to run Tonido on as many as devices possible. Tonido Software is priority for us. Soon Tonido Webshare Pro will come to your desktop for a nominal price. In fact we are working on that as we speak. Success of Tonido totally depends on users like you. Being a small tech startup, we depend on word on mouth marketing to spread Tonido.
We will add your full collection access feature to our enhancement list.

Regards,
Tonido Team

optofonik
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Re: XP Tonido Desktop Jukebox: full collection access.

Postby optofonik » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:24 pm

Strangely enough it appears that I added a playlist under the "auto" tab that appears to contain my entire collection and I can access it within my network under one of my guest's credentials using my server computer's static IP address. However, my guest cannot access it from the internet using the same credentials using either my /tonidoid.com user address or my computer's static IP.

I'm cross posting this to the Jukebox forum.

Return to “Tonido Software”