forgotten Remote-Login question/answer

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
maxf
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

forgotten Remote-Login question/answer

Postby maxf » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:12 am

How do you reset it the remote login question? I've forgotten the answer, and it's necessary to achieve the secure login.

Why is it necessary, btw? question/answer is usually for lost passwords, no? That's why I didn't pay attention when filling it out, because I never forget my passwords ;)

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: forgotten Remote-Login question/answer

Postby madhan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:16 am

How do you reset it the remote login question? I've forgotten the answer, and it's necessary to achieve the secure login.

Go to Tonido Admin Home -> Settings-> Profile -> Change the field Remote Ans from "*******" to what you want and press submit.

Why is it necessary, btw? question/answer is usually for lost passwords, no? That's why I didn't pay attention when filling it out, because I never forget my passwords ;)

The reason is this, we want to make sure someone cannot impersonate your Tonido and make you enter the password first and also capture your remote answer and use that to login to your Tonido instance.
So we make you enter the password and want to make sure you actually recognize your remote qn to ensure it is your Tonido before entering your remote answer. I hope I was able to clarify.

Also, better not forget your Tonido Password, there is no way to recover your data. :-) Your profile data, password is not stored with us, it is completely local.

Return to “Tonido Software”