Share my whole music collection

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
wikiterra
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Share my whole music collection

Postby wikiterra » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:11 pm

So I just set up tonido on my ubuntu server, and I'm wondering -- how do I share my entire collection of music? I see that I can add guests so other people can listen to my music, but how do I allow them to view my library and browse just like I can? It doesn't make much sense to me to have to add every single folder for each album of every artist to a playlist, especially as my collection grows. Couldn't there be some way to simply give other users access the same interface that the admin account has?

Also, I ran in to a bug while testing the guest access. I tried playing the playlist I set up using the external player feature, and it launched windows media player (10), but then WM crashed, giving a nondescript error.

Tuxedo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Share my whole music collection

Postby Tuxedo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi,
Sorry, we don't support full access UI for guest users yet. We have plans to include the viewing & listening to other tonido user's songs under the main UI in our roadmap.

Thanks for reporting the bug. We will try to reproduce the error here.

optofonik
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby optofonik » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:25 pm

Strangely enough it appears that I added a playlist under the "auto" tab that appears to contain my entire collection and I can access it within my network under one of my guest's credentials using my server computer's static IP address. However, my guest cannot access from the internet it using the same credentials using either my /tonidoid.com user address or my computer's static IP.

Punkster812
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby Punkster812 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:20 am

This is the feature I really want. Unfortunately right now, I would have to create a playlist for every album and they wouldn't be sorted or create one large playlist with all the songs and have it be huge and not very easy to find anything.

What I would really like to see would be pretty much a similar interface to the admin mode but obviously without the ability to add/remove music to the collection. I really like the interface overall though (as the administrator) and if a more featured guest mode was available, it would satisfy all my remote music playing needs. Thanks for the work so far.

Return to “Tonido Software”