Working from remote

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
thedarkmist
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Working from remote

Postby thedarkmist » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm new to tonido (waiting for my 2 yet ordered plugs) and I'm plaiyng with the desktop version. I installed it on my workstation. Tipically I need to access files from a remote location. But unless i miss something i cannot easily work because i usually need to download an entire folder, work on it, and reupload remotely. But it's not easy.
Using the file browsing it's far from comfortable. in fact I usually use the tonido remote interface to make a copy of the folder i need to work on in my Dropbox folder. Wait for the sync, and then work thanks to dropbox.
Pretty stupid, i think, for a personal cloud software usage.
Any ideas? What I'm missing?
kind Regards.
TheDarkMist

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: Working from remote

Postby madhan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Each person's requirement is different. If you work on full folders all the time, then WebDAV using BitKinex(Free) or WebDrive (non-Free) connecting to Tonido is the best way to work.

thedarkmist
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby thedarkmist » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:33 pm

madhan wrote:Each person's requirement is different.

Uh... ehm, well... you're right, but a ubiquitary full access to files (i mean "full access", not "browsing" or "view") IMHO is the minimal requirement for a personal cloud service...

madhan wrote: If you work on full folders all the time, then WebDAV using BitKinex(Free) or WebDrive (non-Free) connecting to Tonido is the best way to work.

I installed and connected. Am I wrong something or it looks like a FTP kind of job? Isn't possible to mount the remote tonido as a local drive? Something like Hamachi can easily do?
Thanks.
TheDarkMist

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Webdrive does just that.

thedarkmist
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby thedarkmist » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:30 am

Mmmmm.... I see...
Maybe you should add some workaround included in the TonidoPlug apps, for the future.
Thanks.
TheDarkMist

Return to “Tonido Software”