Backup sync option?

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
gaminski
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Re: Backup sync option?

Postby gaminski » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:31 am

go on +1, I have refrained from using DropBox or any other commercial solutions but really start to feel the need for sync ;)

thedarkmist
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby thedarkmist » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:04 am

Tonido in my opinion is only a chinese-quality hardware with indian-quality software toy.
It's really immature for real-world use. No sync, no incremental backup, no easy remote access and so on.
TheDarkMist

thedarkmist
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby thedarkmist » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Insult? Do you think talking about french-quality food is an insult? The quality feeling is in your individual experience. You can have a different view, but if you consider it an insult it's your opinion.

Anyway, I posted a lot of comments and requests (do a search) and constructive comments. But the bad experience with tonido started from the beninnig: when I discovered that no regular invoice is delivered, and no hardware warranty exists. Try to find anywhere the address of the company. Codelathe is a ghost company, (or at least there's no way to know where they are and their fiscal data) and the product they provide has no warranty.
I'm professional and serious in my job, with my clients, and I pretend the same from the people where I buy things.
TheDarkMist

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:06 pm

I don't know what is causing you this unhappiness.

Our goal is to always work with our customers in resolving any problem when we can.

We provide our software free in our website, so users can download, try it and make sure it fits their needs before buying the plug. We have never represented that we had sync, or incremental backup in our software.

no regular invoice is delivered,

If you login into our Tonido store in your account, you can find an list of orders and view your order and print.

Codelathe is a ghost company, (or at least there's no way to know where they are and their fiscal data)

CodeLathe LLC is registered in Plano, TX, USA. More information is here at
https://store.tonido.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

If you want our registration number etc, we can send it to you. As a private company, we don't share our fiscal data publicly, you can't expect otherwise.

the product they provide has no warranty.

Our product comes with a 1 year warranty. It is included in every tonidoplug packaging.

If you are not satisfied with the product, feel free to ship the product back to us and we will refund your money.

We have shipped 1000s of plugs to customers all around the world and stand behind every product we have sold.

tonyw
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby tonyw » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:16 pm

thedarkmist wrote:...when I discovered that no regular invoice is delivered, and no hardware warranty exists....

As far as I can tell, the Tonido software to run on your PC is a free license. Their business is based on selling the plug and premium software. So there will be no monthly invoice as far as I can see.

I'm intrigued with the software and the plug. However, if Tonido is causing grief for you, then there is always Google Apps, Facebook for social networking, running your own FTP server (see FileZilla) for file sharing, Windows Live Mesh 2011 with ms-office apps, etc. Most of these are free too. So lots of choices out there if Tonido doesn't fit the bill for you.

sflinux
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby sflinux » Fri May 13, 2011 6:12 am

+1 vote for sync. Any update?
I came across this link: An open source Dropbox clone:
http://fak3r.com/geek/howto-build-your-own-open-source-dropbox-clone/

j_gry2003
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby j_gry2003 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:14 am

and am new to Tonido and have been reading through this forum.

I know i am late to the voting but this is definately a +1 to syncing for me.

Return to “Tonido Software”