iTunes file support in Jukebox

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
phormality
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

iTunes file support in Jukebox

Postby phormality » Thu May 21, 2009 8:46 am

Now that iTunes is DRM free it should no longer be an issue to play music from there. I would like to point the Tonido jukebox at my iTunes library and have it all play. Currently the mp3s are fine, of course, but the aac/m4a files do not play. Which are all purchases or ripped CDs in my collection.

Currently I see a lot of empty folders.

This feature would make the jukebox killer.

Thanks. Keep up the great work

Burnie
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: iTunes file support in Jukebox

Postby Burnie » Mon May 25, 2009 6:04 am

I agree wholeheartedly. Also I don't know if this is a format that only Apple has the right to playback, but apple lossless format support would be awesome!

hungarianhc
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby hungarianhc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:47 pm

I agree 100%. I use iTunes as my primary music manager. However, I have my Sheevaplug rsync all of my music, and I use squeezebox server at home to play music throughout the house. Squeezebox has a plugin that you can just point it to your iTunes directory and it reads your playlists, etc. It would be FANTASTIC if I could use my Tonido jukebox remotely and play all of my playlists and songs. The fact that it doesn't support AAC really is annoying.

Snagtooth
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby Snagtooth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:41 am

So can I just use the Squeezebox plugin to point to the external usb connected to my plug and it should see my itunes folder there?

Jukebox works fine playing my collection from another computer using the browser, but it would be killer if I could point my Squeezebox to the itunes folder also and not need to be concerned with installing Squeezebox server on the plug.

I have my plug up and running. It's connected to a 1TB iomega prestige, but I boot from the plug not the external drive. Still learning, but loving it so far!

mikestaszel
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Postby mikestaszel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Has anyone tried using the new 0.8 release? It supports more codecs and more filetype, like M4A and AAC, which iTunes uses.

It supports MP3, OGG, AAC, FLAC, M4A, and WMA as of 0.8.

tozes
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby tozes » Sun May 16, 2010 6:34 pm

What about if Jukebox would have iTunes server capability. I used to have a machine with freeNAS with this function before setup Tonido solution and it was great.
I could have my library and playlists centralized and I could use it from my personal or job computer or even my wifes computer with the same setup without having to copy the changes all over each time...

hungarianhc
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby hungarianhc » Sun May 16, 2010 7:55 pm

mikestaszel wrote:Has anyone tried using the new 0.8 release? It supports more codecs and more filetype, like M4A and AAC, which iTunes uses.

It supports MP3, OGG, AAC, FLAC, M4A, and WMA as of 0.8.

It supports more file types, including AAC. However, I think people are requesting things like playlists to automatically be brought over. Also, it's a pretty awful UI for browsing music!

Return to “Tonido Software”