Is this "abandon-ware"?

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
zarmanto
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Is this "abandon-ware"?

Postby zarmanto » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:51 pm

I'm starting to feel like maybe Tonido is no longer being developed... and the lack of activity in this forum isn't exactly giving me reason to be optimistic.

Is there any chance at all that a Mojave compatible version of Tonido is going to be released?

Should I just give up and find another solution for my home-based hosting needs?

Swcng2001
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Re: Is this "abandon-ware"?

Postby Swcng2001 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:13 am

Yes.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE BEST PERSONAL CLOUD SOFTWARE?

Stephen

zarmanto
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby zarmanto » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:32 am

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that it was actually the best... but it had a great deal of potential, and it could have been the best.

It's a shame, really.

3Dscrewer
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby 3Dscrewer » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:47 am

yeah, it was really nice peace of software .... but .....
I have 250K of Musicfiles in different Quality, a lot of ALAC (like FLAC) because iOS User. Tonido didn't scan the Musicbase properly. There was a lots of Subfolder that wasn't scanned at all. Also it needed more than 24h to scan .....

My primary use was because Music, now I'm using subsonic @W10P but Linux is also possible, much better for me, there are also some forked projects at Github like Airsonic, Madsonic and other. They are (imho) all using the same mobile apps. subsonic is scanning the 250K in less than 10 minutes. Very good apps for iOS, Android could be better ....
For everything else I'm using Nextcloud in a Hyper-V (W10P) virtual Machine, there are very good install scripts, so even people without Linux knowledge can use it .... and there is a big and very active support forum. There are a lots of plugins for Nextcloud .... and it even runs on Raspberry with an ready image for SDcard.

I'm a bit unhappy because Tonido, but in my opinion there are to many competitors in the cloud business and they have to earn money.
I have still my installation, one klick and it is running in case of ...

zarmanto
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby zarmanto » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:53 am

3Dscrewer wrote:... I have still my installation, one klick and it is running in case of ...

Unfortunately, the same is not true for Mac uses, like myself: the reason for my original query herein was that the latest version of Tonido (14.90.x, released on 2017-01-13) doesn't appear to function on the latest major revision of macOS (10.14.x/Mojave, released on 2018-09-24). It's been months now since Mojave was released, and I can't keep my Tonido machine running macOS 10.13.x/High Sierra for much longer. I was really just hoping that one of the Tonido representatives would respond to reassure me that they're still active, and that the new version would be forthcoming. In the absence of any feedback at all, I guess it's finally time to look more closely at those competing products.

3Dscrewer
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby 3Dscrewer » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:26 am

zarmanto wrote: I guess it's finally time to look more closely at those competing products.

If you like a test account on an subsonic installation send me a pn. I use it for music only ... Video is also possible and it runs also @MAC

Return to “Tonido Software”