Can't create account!?

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
Cottontails
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Can't create account!?

Postby Cottontails » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:34 pm

I don't use a proxy or anything, i occasionally use ExpressVPN, but it does not run when i use Tonido. Anyways all of sudden when i tried to access the android app i could no longer sign and would get an error, so i decided to delete my account and start fresh, but now when i try to create account i get this error "Failed to Create ID. Check if you are connect to the Internet", i can't seem to figure out the problem?

P.S. I've been using Tonido for years and have hardly made any changes to my PC and nothing has changed recently since before this issue happened.

tvking63
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Can't create account!?

Postby tvking63 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:01 am

I have the same issue. Also been using Tonido for years. I had to replace my hard drive so when I got everything up and going I wanted to recover my account. But it keeps telling me "Error Failed Reset Profile. Check if you are connect to the Internet". I am certainly connected to the internet. I think they have a server issue or something. Now we just need somebody at Tonido to realize there is a problem and fix it.
Attachments
Tonido fail.PNG
Tonido fail.PNG (45.42 KiB) Viewed 4120 times

tvking63
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby tvking63 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:36 am

I used the Contact Us link at the bottom of the tonido.com page to send send them a detailed note about the issue and that it appears that no one can open a new account or recover an old one. And the that is seems to be sometime on their end. This is what I received in return:

Hello Todd,

For Tonido Support, please go to tonido.com/forum.

Best Regards,
FileCloud Support

So I guess we sit here with no server hoping someone might happen along that can do something about the issue.
Or find another option where having a working product is slightly higher priority. I know Tonito is free and has become the redheaded stepchild of CodeLathe since Filecloud dropped but I don't think it reflects well on them as a company to let this problem hang for going on 5 days now and then direct me back to the forums (yesterday) to wait.

I cannot create a new account either. Failed to Create ID. Check if you are connect to the Internet.......

If this truly is a universal problem, I wonder how many people tried to setup new account in the past 5 days and just gave up thinking tonido is crap that won't even run?

Well, here's hoping the forum gods bless us soon......

jefflaw
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby jefflaw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:32 am

I have the same issue, after using Tonido for years without issues like this.

I am unable to recover an account or create a new account. I have tried on multiple pc's (and IPs).

When trying to create an account, I get this message:

Failed to Create ID. Check if you are connect to the Internet

When trying to recover an account, I get this message:

Failed Reset Profile. Check if you are connect to the Internet

Both machines are connected to the internet (in fact I am posting this from one of the machines). There are no outbound firewall rules.

Why isn't CodeLathe demonstrating any urgency about this issue?

heffron11
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby heffron11 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:10 am

I am also having trouble. A response from a rep would be nice.

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 am

Try these tips:
Check if the user name you are requesting is not already taken. Try another user name
You need to be online to create a Tonido account.
Check if your firewall is preventing access to Tonido Server.

Common Issues :

Note that to create a profile, you need an active Internet connection.
Once your profile is created, you do not need to be online.
It is possible that profile creation fails, if you are behind a restrictive firewall that disallows HTTP over ports other than 80. Some corporate firewalls might have this restriction. In this case, create a profile at home or from a less restrictive firewall. Once a profile is created, you do not need to be online, so you can use many of Tonido's features and applications within a restricted firewall.

Please refer https://www.tonido.com/support/display/ ... t+Creation for more info

Please let us know if you have further questions

Bartel
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby Bartel » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:47 am

I've ran into the same issue. Can't create an account. I made sure to turn off the firewall as well. Nothing worked. What else can I try?

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:51 am

Hello Bartel,

On which OS are you trying this?
Also, Can you please post us the OS version?

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:37 pm

The issue should have been fixed. Please retry and let us know!

Return to “Tonido Software”