"Upload to server in progress" icon

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
Tom_Austin
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

"Upload to server in progress" icon

Postby Tom_Austin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:58 pm

Windows 8.1, Tonido Drive version 7.83.0.27601

I mounted the remote computer as a drive. While copying files to the remote computer using an automated file copier program (Karen's Replicator), the Tonido Drive icon appears in the status bar with the message "Upload to server in progress." In addition, this icon flashes on throughout the day, even though the hard drive light on the receiving end is not blinking.

Some files are copied, but not all. My copying program reports success, and I can actually see it copying specific files. Yet some files have not shown up at the destination.
THREE QUESTIONS:

1. How long should it take for the file to show up on the remote computer?

2. Does the icon appear only when data is being sent to the target, or does it appear when it's checking for changes? THANKS!

3. Is sync stuck? If so, how do I unstick it?

nagapriya
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: "Upload to server in progress" icon

Postby nagapriya » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:49 am

1. if your are connected, the upload should be very quick
2. icon appears both the times
3. stuck sync: you would have to restart the sync app.

Tom_Austin
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby Tom_Austin » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:01 pm

Thank you. I reinstalled Tonido, TonidoSync, and TonidoDrive and I have it working in one direction. But I need it to go in both directions. Here's what I'd like to accomplish:

Install Tondio on local computer A. Then use timed access every two days to copy a folder from A to remote computer B.

Also every two days I want to automatically copy a different folder on remote computer B to a different folder on local computer A.

I've tried this with TonidoSync, but it only allows 24 hours max and doesn't allow me to set the time to start the copying. I tried installing Tondio and TonidoDrive on both computer A and B and using TonidoDrive on A to connect to the other account on B and vice versa. Even doing this, I can only copy files in one direction.

The documentation seems to indicate that remote computers should have only TonidoSync Client installed and not Tonido, apparently because they might conflict with each other.

How can I use Tonido so I can automatically copy files in both directions?

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:47 am

I don't think what you are requesting for can be achieved via Tonido.
TonidoSync can only sync a specific folder and keep it in sync with a server on a regular schedule.
Yes, you should only install sync on the client and not the server.

Tom_Austin
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby Tom_Austin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:48 am

madhan wrote:TonidoSync can only sync a specific folder and keep it in sync with a server on a regular schedule.
Yes, you should only install sync on the client and not the server.

Thanks Madhan, this leads to another question. When I travel with my laptop (computer C), I'd like to access files on both computer A and computer B. So I'd need to install both TonidoServer and TonidoSync on both computer A and Computer B using two different accounts. I can see that as long as A and B were not communicating with each other, TonidoSync on C can access two different accounts on A and B, correct?

Then regarding A and B, if I did install TonidoServer on both A and B, but made sure it was running only on whichever computer I'm trying to access, can either A or B communicate with each other then? For example, with TonidoServer installed on A, does simply the act of installing TonidoServer on B start messing things up even when I'm going to turn it off until needed?

nagapriya
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby nagapriya » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:01 am

1. you will have to do account settings change appropriately in the sync app(specify the server from which you need to sync) - this would ensure sync happens from that server (specified folder) to the local. Pls. refer the link below.

http://www.tonido.com/support/display/docs/Sync+Files

2. A and B will not be messed by the act of turn it off until needed.

Return to “Tonido Software”