Migrating to PI

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
mathewparet
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Migrating to PI

Postby mathewparet » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:48 pm

A few days back my TonidoPlug2 burned due to a shorts circuit. However the data in the attached SATA is fine. My SATA has 2 partitions - 1 bootable with tonido image and another one to store data alone. Both partitions don't have any issue.

Now I have bought a Raspberry PI2 B. I know it doesn't boot to USB. So my plan is to copy the boot partition from my USB to the Pi SD. My SD card size is 8G while my boot partition on SATA is 19G (partition size, used is jus 4 G).

Is there anyway I can make the SD bootable to the Tonido Image. (I don't wish to use any existing Pi Image and install Tonido over it. This is coz I have done a lot of customization on my Tonido Image that I don't wish to redo). So will it work if I create a bootable primary partition on my SD and then simply copy all files from my Sata boot partition to SD? Or is there any way I can achieve this?

As a worse case scenario I am willing to redo all the customizations, but I still need the Tonido OS image. In which case is there any place where I can download an image file *.img for tonido instead of using steps here http://www.tonido.com/communitywiki/dok ... es:usbboot

If I can get my pi to boot to TonidoPlug image it would be good.

Thanks in advance.

Tuxedo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Migrating to PI

Postby Tuxedo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:37 am

I dont think tonidoplug image will work on PI. The plug kernel has lots of hardware specific modules built into it. These won't be applicable for PI and also missing necessary modules.
Easier approach will be to have the PI specific image (and same distro as one in tonidoplug) and copy over the customizations, as these will be mostly stored in files.

Return to “Tonido Software”