We are happy to announce another addition to the TonidoPro family of applications, the Tonido Drive.
Tonido Drive will also work for our existing WebsharePro customers and all TonidoPlug owners.
Until now, in Windows OS, the primary way to access any computer running Tonido software is via Web browser. In cases where WebsharePro is installed in Tonido server, WebDAV clients could be used to expose the Tonido server as drive. However, the WebDAV implementation in windows have been quite buggy and generally unusable. TonidoDrive solves this problem for windows users by providing a robust and custom solution to expose the Tonido server as a network drive to the Windows operating system.
Now you can access your files and folders as a normal windows folder! This ideal for accessing all your documents and pictures with minimum hassle.
Some of the features of TonidoDrive are
- TonidoDrive can be installed on Window XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7
- TonidoDrive operates seamlessly with Tonido Security, including Folder access restrictions
- TonidoDrive can expose any Tonido server enabled computer (Windows, Linux, MacOS) or TonidoPlug as a Windows network drive
- TonidoDrive will automatically use local LAN IP to access Tonido enabled device to optimize access speeds.
- TonidoDrive is built on a robust Windows file system driver that is known for its reliability and security.
The TonidoDrive will expose the Tonido enabled device as a Windows Network Drive and allows all Windows File system operations: Read, Write, Drag-and-Drop, Rename, delete. In short, The TonidoDrive is just like an another disk drive in your computer.
The system tray icon provides all the controls needed to manage to TonidoDrive. The TonidoDrive uses a local cache to reduce latency, so your data can be accessed with minimal delay!
The TonidoDrive is being released a beta at this point and we will release the final version in coming days after beta phase. You can learn more and download it here.
As always, Please let us know your comments, questions and suggestions via our Forums