Finally, the wait is over. TonidoPlug has just got slicker, cooler and better. CodeLathe is happy to announce the introduction of new plug computer: TonidoPlug2. The plug is currently in production and should be available soon in our stores.
TonidoPlug2 is packed with all the features of the TonidoPlug. If you are new to the Tonido’s plug device series, here are some major features:
- Energy efficient, green, personal cloud device.
- Convert your USB drive to a network attached storage(NAS) accessible as a networked drive.
- Access your device, using your own URL (http://yourname.tonidoid.com).
- None of your data is stored in any of our or third-party servers.
- Securely share and sync files, photos and music without need for uploading.
- Drag-and-Drop file and folder uploading to your TonidoPlug from Windows, Linux, OSX from remote locations via WebDAV.
- Sync your Files
- Listen to your MP3s from anywhere
- Download Torrents to your USB drive from anywhere
- Search and download your files
- Stream media to the XBox 360 and PS3
- Access and share files with free mobile apps. Apps available for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Windows 7.
- Extend your TonidoPlug with new apps from Tonido App store
TonidoPlug2 get these face-lifts compared to its predecessor:
- Newer, cooler form factor.
- Plug can act as an NAS enclosure for internal 2.5 inch SATA drive. Now you can have a complete, standalone NAS.
- Built-in b/g/n WiFi. Now plug can literally goto your closet or attic, without ugly cables running around.
- Experimental WiFi Hotspot feature. So you can use your TonidoPlug as an extended storage for your iPad or SmartPhones when you are out and about, even when there is no network.
- Newer Linux OS.
- 512 MB DDR3 memory in-lieu of DDR2.
We expect to start shipping TonidoPlug2 by end of this month. We will also announce pricing soon.
Meanwhile, to get notified when we start shipping you can subscribe to our TonidoPlug2 availability mailing list.