New, Revolutionary Offering from CodeLathe – Tonido hosted on Cloud

lightning-gallery-181
Tonido will soon be offered as a cloud service.

Tonido can now reside on a server away from your home. You will be still having your own private, secured and personal Tonido, however on a much faster network and much better availability.

Why Tonido on Cloud?
There may be several reasons why you might want to run your own personal Tonido on Cloud in addition to the one you have at home:

• You want a backup of your important data on a reliable server away from home.
  • You want a decent amount of online space to store/consume your personal data.
  • You are not able to stream music fast enough from your home connection to a browser or iPhone at a remote location.
  • Your home network connection is not fast enough to make use of the WebFolders feature offered by Tonido
  • You don’t want to run your PC 24×7 but still want uninterrupted access to your files, folders, photos and/or music. You want uninterrupted access to files and folders not only for yourself but also for your friends and family who you have shared files with.

If you were already facing some of the above inconveniences then Tonido Cloud service is the right answer for you.

What do you get with Tonido on Cloud

• Tonido
  • Free authority signed SSL certificate for yourname.tonidoid.com
  • Online storage space
  • Fast and reliable network connection.

For more details including pricing and to sign up for a email notification when this service launches, click here. We will offer the service at a huge discount to the people who sign up in the mailing list .

BTW, let us know your reason (that is not listed above) to have Tonido on Cloud. We would love to hear your thoughts.The best innovative reason will get 6 months of cloud service completely free.

1. Jeffrey Rinvelt says:

#1 reasons because Comcast throttling sucks

2. Saran says:

I would use it to help organize my projects, either for the research-lab and for consulting with clients. It would be vertasile to use both for teamwork collaboration and structuring my own workflow. And perhaps, even something like Assembla can be hosted via this private cloud.

3. Saran says:

I would use it to help organize my projects, either for the research-lab or for consulting with clients. It would be vertasile to use both for teamwork collaboration and structuring my own workflow. And perhaps, even something like Assembla can be hosted via this private cloud.

4. Matt Sawyers says:

Will there be bandwidth and/or storage limits?

5. Madhan says:

@Matt we are figuring that one out..

6. James says:

I’d use it for the same reason I use my current tonido install, I get my entire music collection and photo collection available where ever I go. Used to be my PC at home had to be on, but if it works out right then I can just mirror it on the cloud and not have any downtime (well hardly any).

Of course, that all depends on storage limits. 40+GB of music and nearly the same in photos might be a bit much…

7. Peter says:

This is a long time coming. What is the current status of the promised Tonido Cloud service? Hopefully it’s not ‘pie in the sky’ (pun intended – couldn’t resist).