Announcing Tonido Backup – local, offsite and peer-based backup
Tonido Backup application joins the family of utility apps available on all three platforms (Windows, Linux and Intel Mac). With this application, users have the ability to backup data using Tonido from any computer to any remote computer running Tonido regardless of its platform and its location!
Some of the features of the Backup application are
- Ability to backup file or folder.
- Unlimited backups records.
- No size limit on the amount of data.
- Ability to set target regardless of the platform (cross platform backup).
- Ability to schedule backup (Manual, Daily or weekly).
- Ability to select backup target regardless of its location as it uses Tonido id.
- Secure encrypted data transfer. All backup data is transferred using Tonido’s built in P2P engine and therefore the data is encrypted.
- Simple setup (Backup can be set between any two Tonido group members).
Tonido Backup application is designed to be very simple to setup and use. Tonido Backup allows backup of a file or a folder to any Tonido group member. The backup is incremental and only the changes are transferred keeping the bandwidth usage to a minimum.
Backup action can be set to performed on user input or automatically every day or week.
Under the hood, Tonido Backup application uses the built in P2P engine to perform the data transfer. P2P data transfers are completely encrypted and does not require (for vast majority of cases) any port forwarding .
There is no restriction on the number of backups. You can setup backup of a file/folder to multiple computers to increase redundancy, and furthermore, there is no size limit to the amount of data that can be backed up using Tonido Backup application!
So what are you waiting for? Download and install Tonido Backup application in your Tonido.
Help on Tonido Backup application is available here.
Let us know your thoughts via Tonido forums!