It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tonido Shell 1.3.0.59537 Final (Plug/Windows/Linux)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:05 am 
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

I tried some php to fix the problem of sudo, but don't. This is what i tried:

fakesu.php:
Quote:
<?php
passthru('echo hello world | sudo /usr/bin/php -f /usr/local/tonido/plugins/tonidoshell/rootserver.php');
?>

rootserver.php:
Quote:
<?php
echo join('',file('php://stdin'));
?>

but don't work. I solved my problem of shutdown by bash scripting using halt command instead of shutdown:

halt.sh:
Quote:
#!/bin/bash
echo 'root password:' read PASS
echo $PASS | sudo -S halt

Now i need to know how to call it without use ./halt.sh. A single command like thalt will be great.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:39 am 
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Sorry, there's a bug on halt.sh:
on debian shell work fine, on tonido shell don't work. The problem is the password request, $PASS variable don't work. Probably need a workaround like other tonido shell command with gui. For now, bad way to solve it is substitute halt.sh with this (dangerous way: your root password is plain!!! be careful):

halt.sh:
Quote:
#!/bin/bash
#use aliases -s thalt sh /usr/local/tonido/plugins/tonidoshell/halt.sh and call thalt to turn off system
echo YOURROOTPASSWORD | sudo -S halt

substitute YOURROOTPASSWORD with your real password. The easy way to use it is aliases:

copy halt.sh on /usr/local/tonido/plugins/tonidoshell/

and on tonidoshell paste:

aliases -s thalt sh /usr/local/tonido/plugins/tonidoshell/halt.sh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:08 am 
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Thanks for the info.

I am starting some work on a maintenance release, if I get around to it, I will try to add some kind of a passthru to send sudo commands. You will probably still have the plain text security risk (at least for the immediate future). For that reason, I would only bother executing "sudo" outside your network when it has to be done.

If I can find a more secure way, I will try and implement that, but that might come at a later date.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:37 pm 
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

I have a more solid method worked out for graphical download...still no explanation on why the current method stopped working in Chrome. By all logic and reason, it should have continued to work, but what I am doing now will ensure that it works in all cases.

There seems to be something funny happening that is causing the download methods to be unseen when calling it from the HTML element, but seen just fine called directly from javascript even outside of the download closure.

Nevertheless, the elements will now call an anonymous function that accesses the method(s) from inside the closure (even though it is already made global and should be seen).

Arrghh! Browsers and their inconsistencies :x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:26 am 
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

So I have a maintenance release coming soon. It is pretty much done, I am just testing right now. I would have had it out much sooner, but I had to get a new laptop because my old one bit the dust, and I have been wrapped up in some other non-tonido projects.

But I am back on track here.
This release will only be small stuff

-CSS fixes and adjustments
-Fix for graphical downloads in latest Google Chrome
-Small bug fixes
-Special Request: turn off/on text drop shadow

So keep an eye out.

Also, if you have a TonidoPlug2, I will official be supporting it soon for this and the PmWiki app. Thanks to a very unexpected and kind donation (not sure if I can publicize the source), I will have a TonidoPlug2 to test and trouble shoot on. Technically, this should already work on the TP2, but now I can actually test, verify, reproduce issues, etc. on the actual hardware.

With this small release out of the way, I can start getting my hands dirty on some potential big features, namely syntax highlighted code editing. I am not sure on timeline of completion, or exactly how easy/hard it will be, but it is something I have seriously set my sights on. I will be using third party software, so hopefully, it will go fairly smooth.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:46 am 
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

The new release is done, but I got very lazy and haven't updated the changelog and documentation. As soon as I get that done, I will make a release.

Post subject: Re: Tonido Shell 1.3.1.49105 Final (Plug/Windows/Linux)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:34 pm 
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

New release posted on opening page.

(1.3.1 release)
-Fixed issue with latest Chrome and graphical downloads
-Fixed issue with Opera and graphical downloads
-CSS adjustments
-Fix issue where tr and td tag were swapped
-Fix issue where cancel event wasn't running when some dialogs got closed
-Add setting to disable text drop shadows

As always I release here a little bit before early before submitting to market. Everything should be good to go, but if you happen to catch anything before I make the market submission, let me know.

Post subject: Re: Tonido Shell 1.2.0.43305 (Plug/Windows)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:15 am 
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

facelessuser wrote:
I am assuming that you also deleted your tonido shell plugin data folder as I requested via the PM. Was a userconfig.sqlite file created in your plugindata/tonidoshell folder after you tried the debug package I set you?

The chrome javascript error, I think, is a red herring. I think the firefox javascript error is more likely since it makes sense that the FF JS error is accompanying the PDO error. The Chrome JS error makes no sense, but you are having the PDO error there as well.

This is what I suspect is happening. For some reason, on your plug, tonido shell is having an issue creating and/or parsing the database for alisases and shellmarks. Since the command handler is failing with with this PDO error (database error), we get the javascript error on the interface side when the command handler fails. The command handler is not able to properly execute and parse the command because it is failing with the PDO error.

maartenraap wrote:
Thanks,

I allready have a webserver by the way according to the http://tonidouser.com/doku.php?id=advan ... tonidoplug

Could this give conflicts because I maybe don't have the latest php mysql version?

Here is the bigger issue. I cannot reproduce your issue in any way. Database creation and reading and writing works every time on my side no matter what I do.

Tonido comes with its own PHP server and SQL lite server already, and then you are installing a second PHP server. There may be conflict because you have two PHP servers installed. It makes it much more difficult when someone has a nonstandard plug. I do not have the resources to have multiple plugs with different nonstandard setups for testing.

I can maybe this one time disable the aliases and shellmarks feature in a custom version so you can have a working version, but maintaining a separate non standard version is probably not going to happen. Tonido Shell is coded for the Tonido Plug's factory setup, after it has been modified, I can not guarantee my software will work. If you are able to reproduce this issue on a Plug with factory defaults, then it would point to an issue on my side, but currently, there is a high probability that your issue is tied to having two php servers.

I just reflashed my tonido, and did all steps again

I tried getting lighttpd working with the php server of the tonido, but I just couldn't figure it out. I kept getting errors about fastcgi.

But the shell is working, but after i installted php5-cgi it stopped working again.

Anyone has an idea how to provide the correct php info to lighttpd?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 am 
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

I wish I had an answer for you. I am certain there is a way to make things play nice, but the only real way for me to figure out what that is would be to setup my plug the same way which would kill the factory environment that I rely on for testing the plugins.

I don't know which would be easier: getting lighttpd working with Tonido's PHP or Tonido working with your external PHP.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:47 pm 
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

getting lighttpd working with the tonido php would be the best option tough, since then other users could profide from it to

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next