It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Android - Music playback stops after each song
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:59 pm 
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

I have both an Android phone (Samsung Exhibit II) and an iPad2. I access the music files I have on my TonidoPlug2 via my local network (as opposed to 4G). I notice that the iPad app works wonderfully. After each song the next one starts. However with the Android app after each song is finished the next one shows up, but it doesn't play unless I press the play button. Something else that I've noticed is that when a song finishes and the next one shows up on the display it shows 19059:21 for both the song length and the current position in the song. Once I press the play button, then the times correct and look normal.

Is this a known problem? I did a search through the forum and didn't see it mentioned recently. I have the most up-to-date Android app.

One additional question, is there any plan to add a position bar in the Android app like in the iPad app so you can quickly seek to a position in the song? Currently on the Android version there is no way to seek within a song. You can only go to the next song or previous song, but not move within a song.

Thanks,
Richard

Post subject: Re: Android - Music playback stops after each song
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:33 am 
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

I don't think the Android version will ever have the same great features the iOS version has.

My solution? I am getting an iPhone next week so I will be completely iOS.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:35 am 
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

That's really a shame because I would suspect that there are a large number of Android users out there like myself. Granted I have an iPad, but for my phone I much prefer Android over iPhone for a variety of reasons. There are plenty of inexpensive android programmers available to make a top notch app for the TonidoPlug2.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:00 am 
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Hi, I'm new to Tonido and that you say is real!
When phone goes standby the app stops after each song! What? I really don't want to believe it!
There are many and many android user and the Android app doesn't works so well...
Serious, will it solve this problem soon? If no, I think you understand that it's totally useless.
I love Tonido and hope in it! Let me know... I wouldn't like to look for another app... :(

from Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S I9000

Last edited by droide on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:28 am 
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

same problem here...motorola Atrix 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:43 am 
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Well this is disappointing to here. Along with not being able to connect in the first place, when I get that resolved I'll have this to deal with? Not looking good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:17 pm 
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

I used to have the same problem with Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S. However, with the Android 4.04 update it works much better now, but there are still lags between tracks. I suppose it's buffering. DLNA Android applications work much better than Tonido native player.

With my brand new Google Nexus 7 tablet, the lags are smaller. Maybe stronger HW makes the difference?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:24 am 
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Hello, Are there any plans to fix this issue?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:30 am 
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

There can be a small delay between playing songs but music playback stopping after each song is not normal.

It is possible that your phone/os version is doing deepsleep after inactivity in network which will turn off wifi. If that is the case, you should try to disable deepsleep (or atleast change the time it takes to go into deepsleep). Unfortunately it is highly Android version dependent and there is no one-size-fits-all option.

If song stops without proceeding to the next song even if the phone is not in deepsleep, let us know the exact version of the App, Android Version, Device model and we can check it.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:10 am 
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

I am using nexus 4, jelly bean 4.2. In tonido app I browse to a folder and click on first file in that folder and click play. I expect rest of the files to be played one after another after it completes playing that file. But it stops at first file. Google music works fine, its not deep sleep issue.

Am I doing the right steps to play all files in a folder? Or how do we play all files in a folder? I don't want to select each file and add to playlist and play them.