It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sync failing on certain files
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:47 pm 
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Have reinstalled Sync at least three or four times - now currently running 2.37.0.17274 on the Server (Linux Mint 12) and 2.37.0.17275 on my TonidoPlug.

Following another thread from djurden (Feb 11,2012) (viewtopic.php?f=55&t=4604&p=21618&hilit=sync#p21618) this last t ime I cleared out all Sync directories and started with a totally clean slate.

All syncing was fine until it hit an Evolution tar.gz backup file: the Sync screen on the Plug indicates the file is synced by the total size of the Mbytes, but the evolution directory and tar.gz are not present in the synced directories on the Plug.

I set log to Trace as suggested and reading indicates "Bad file size" for this file:

Am I missing something somewhere in the docs which indicate a maximum file size, or is there something else occurring? The log states recurringly (still going!):

<snip>
11:49:27:533 [32] [Sync]:E: downloadFile : [Malformed message: Invalid HTTP version string] with message [Invalid HTTP version string]
11:49:27:533 [32] [Sync]:E: Download FAILED: [archived] Miegakure - Hide & Reveal.txt
</snip>

Your assistance appreciated: relevant portion of log file attached.

Bogo

Attachments:
tonido_01.log [23.67 KiB]
Downloaded 46 times
 Post subject: Re: Sync failing on certain files
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:17 am 
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Bad File Size occurs when there after sync the downloaded file has a different size then expected. It can happen if the download gets interrupted or if the internal copy of the file gets interrupted.

How big is that file?

Regarding this message: Can you try renaming that file to remove all the non-letter characters, like & and [].

11:55:51:621 [32] [Sync]:E: downloadFile : [Malformed message: Invalid HTTP version string] with message [Invalid HTTP version string]
11:55:51:621 [32] [Sync]:E: Download FAILED: [archived] Miegakure - Hide & Reveal.txt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:37 pm 
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Thanks for response, and will do as you suggest ...

However. overnight somehow the file now seems to have appeared on the Plug - even though I removed it from the TonidoSync directory on the server while I awaited your response and to stop all those error messages in the log! It seems to have happened after I re-enabled sync before bed last night.

And also puzzling: a new directory has appeared, as it should, on the plug, as on the Server, but the contents of this directory have not been synced. I will wait to see if contents appear, but maybe I should stop and start sync again?

Should I now put back the 'suspect' file? (para 1) If I don't then presumably it will be 'unsynced' and disappear! would be quite good to get these inconsistencies explained!

TIA.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:40 pm 
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Response to question re file size: 558Mb

Bogo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:11 pm 
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

558 MB takes a while to sync so that could be causing it.
If a problem occurs with a file, it could be either be the file size of with the name of the file. In either case, removing it and seeing if everything is sane is the only way to verify things are still going.

I would recommend you let everything go back to normal before you try putting these files in at this time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:07 pm 
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Understood.

After my last post I stopped Sync, then 're-Synced' and the missing contents of the new directory appeared (see earlier post), plus an update of another altered file. Is this indicating that I should be stopping Sync regularly, and then re-starting?

I'd assumed that by leaving it running it would continuously 'sync' - but maybe I should only be 'syncing' a couple of times a day, say?

Sync seems to have left that 558Mb file still on the Plug, even though it's deleted from the Server. Does this mean that (unlike rsync) it will not delete synced files if they're deleted on the Server - these should be manually deleted?

I guess time will tell, but it would be useful to know in advance.

Thanks for all your help, MadHan

P.S. Any news of when Tonido2 will be available outside of the U.S.?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:29 pm 
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Sync continually syncs without you doing anything. So if it only does that by stopping and starting then that means that there is something blocking the sync from happening.

We will announce once we have TP2 availability.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:30 pm 
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Now even re-syncing, nor stopping and restarting TondidoSync doesn't help. The last 36 hours have seen no syncing apart from it deleting some directories, then replacing those directories but not the files that were in them.

Does this mean clearing everything out again and starting all over, as before?

Am attaching last few Kb's of current Tonido log as maybe this will give you a clue as to what might be happening? This line seems to be repeated ad infinitum but of course means nothing to me.

12:05:32:603 [7] [DeferredDispatcher]:E: Transaction needs: 976 only 968 found

Attachments:
tonido_04.log [8.74 KiB]
Downloaded 44 times
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:50 am 
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Please change log level to trace to see what files it is not able to upload.
It is not able to sync because of some files are unable to be updated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:48 pm 
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Sorry - thought it was still on trace. Must have reverted.

Changed to Trace and have sent last 30 minutes or so. Hope that's enough?

Attachments:
tonido_6.log [177.67 KiB]
Downloaded 47 times