It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to I add local folders to tonido?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:53 am 
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

I am a new user and I seem to be a little confused. I want to beable to access a few folders that are located on a 2nd and 3rd harddrive in my system, how would I go about adding these folders to tonido?

Also I want to move my tonido sync folder to my 4th hard drive how would I go about doing that?

Im running Windows 7 32-bit and 2 of these hard drives are USB one is IDE and the drive with Windows on it is SATA.

None of the folders I want to share are on my C: drive, there all on drives E: and F:, and I want my sync folder on D: (this computer has no optical drive which is why one of my HDDs shows up as D:)

Post subject: Re: How to I add local folders to tonido?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:38 pm 
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

When you browse Files, the top list should have a name called "Computer", if you open that, it will show all the drives. Do you see the drives?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:07 am 
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Thank you for the reply, however I found what I did wrong while waiting for this post to be approved :mrgreen: . Apparently I was messing around in the misc settings and set tonido to only display allowed folders but I somehow made the list of folders empty so I wasn't able to actually select any folders. A quick reinstall and everything is fine.

However at this point I do have another similar question. How do I hide specific folders that I just don't need to see? I tired for example adding the "COMPUTERROOT" folder (I believe that's what it was referred to) to the allow list And setting tonido to only show that folder. However with it setup like that I could only browse (Computer > "drive:/" >) then instead of dismaying the folders on the Drive, nothing came up at all, t made it appear as if all the drives were empty.

Sorry for any typos, I posted this reply from my phone while on my way to work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:48 am 
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

If you want to hide specific folder names, add names to the "Ignore LIst"