This guide will walk you through preparing a development environment on your TonidoPlug 2 so that you can compile and install packages from their source code. These instructions will provide access to the debian-multimedia repository, upgrade the software to the latest debian-squeeze and install a full software build system.
2. Go to the root directory
3. Make a working directory called src. We will work from here and stay away from the app directory on root. It’s important.
mkdir src cd /src
4. Open the apt sources.list file with nano.
5. Add the debian squeeze multimedia repository to the sources list. Paste the following line at the end of the list:
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org squeeze main non-free
The complete file should look like this:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org squeeze main non-free
6. Save and close the sources.list file.
CRTL-o ENTER CRTL-x
7. Update the local package database.
8. Install repository key for the debian-multimedia repository.
apt-get install deb-multimedia-keyring
9. Upgrade the system to the most current packages.
10. Install a complete build system.
apt-get install build-essential automake autoconf libtool pkg-config intltool
That’s it. You are ready to build packages.