July 17, 2012
Tonido 2.52 beta release is now available for download:
- Improve File Listing performance on Windows with NAS drives
- Improved Overall performance
- Fix issue downloading files > 3 GB
- Support for transcoding videos offline on Windows
- Fix Error message box that blocks Tonido on some conditions
Please send us your feedback
July 9, 2012
July 6, 2012
July 4, 2012
June 28, 2012
Frequently, we hear feedback from our users who say that they prefer to run Tonido without any external thirdparty server connectivity.
With Tonido, it is pretty easy to do it. Here’s how.
- Install Tonido Desktop, and setup an account say (johndoe) normally.
- After logging in, go to Settings->Network and disable Tonido Relay.
- In your router, enable port forwarding to the computer you installed Tonido on for port 10001.
- Now to access your Tonido install, simply type http://johndoe.tonidoID.com:10001 and you will be connecting to your Tonido Desktop directly.
- Your own Dynamic DNS or Domain: If you want to use your own domain using Dynamic DNS or similar you can do so too, you just point your Dynamic DNS domain to point to the IP address of the computer on which Tonido is running on.
June 22, 2012
June 5, 2012
According to Ars Technica, the free Visual Studio Express 2011(or 2012) will no longer support building standard desktop applications using C++. It will only support building metro apps for the upcoming Windows 8 OS.
As a long term user of Visual Studio Express edition, it is a blow to C++ developers worldwide. Microsoft must have its own reasons, but hoping that they will reconsider.
May 23, 2012
A new Tonido release 2.51 is now out with some major Sync bug fixes and other minor fixes.
There is now a additional feature of temperature monitoring of internal SATA HDD with warning and shutdown protection if temperature exceeds a threshold.
If you are using sync, it is recommended to upgrade to 2.51 on your server as well as on the sync clients as soon as possible.
On some Windows computers, Sync was unable to complete synching files from the server because a specific WIN32 API call was failing causing “File Access Denied” exceptions. This has now been worked around.
For the complete release notes, please see http://tonido.com/release_notes.html
April 8, 2012
For past couple of months, we have been working on improving performance of music player in our Android app. We faced many hurdles due to the limitations in underlying Android native player. In the latest version of the app (v39), for Android phones above Android 2.3.3, we have improved the streaming (mainly mp3) , mainly time to buffer and latency between two songs. This would also eliminate internment skips that some users faced while streaming music. Consider this update as one of many coming updates to improve user experience in music streaming.
April 6, 2012
The next major update for the Tonido platform is 3.0, but we are releasing an intermediate update which will be Tonido 2.50.
Important notes before upgrading:
- Your TonidoPlug: Make sure photos and openid applications are deleted
- Your Tonido on MacOSX: To upgrade, please download and install new app from our tonido.com downloads. You cannot do usual Tonido in-app upgrade.
Tonido Guests now can use the same Web UI as admins.
Guest login will use the same richer user interface as the admin user. However, guest users will only see the folders that are shared with them and they cannot browse and access anything else.
Much Faster Thumbnail Generation
Thumbnail image generation is more than 5x faster, this makes a huge difference on the TonidoPlug.
Control over Automatic WAN/LAN switch and Network Interface
More fine grained controls on these settings to disable Automatic WAN/LAN switch as well as the network interface to bind to.
Tonido on Mac OSX
Tonido now on the OS X menubar
Tonido Sync Updates
- Fixed several problems causing sync to hang
- Sync performance improved dramatically when handling a large number of small files
- Updated sync client
- Can now change the sync location via the client
Tonido Drive Updates
- Tonido Drive now supports guest login
Reduced Memory Usage of Tonido app
- Direct result of P2P features dropped Tonido now uses less memory and will be snappier
More Useful Stats
- Tonido now shows your WAN address, total uptime and total files and data served.
Misc Bug Fixes
- Fix issue with creating folders with WebDAV using NetDrive
- Fix crash with Jukebox with certain malformed tags
- Fix crash on Mac OSX when playing video and some audio files
- And much much more, many inside the hood
As always please let us know of your feedback.