1. Go to Shared Files, and then to History.
2. This history tab contains information about the shared file access by guests and/or anonymous users.
Personal Cloud is probably the most misused term in the internet now. Every sundry public cloud storage offerings like Dropbox, Google Drive and others are masquerading themselves as Personal Clouds. Remember. It is their Personal Cloud. Not Yours. They can kick out, block or shutdown anybody at anytime. They determine how much storage you can use and have complete right to track and catalog your data.
We are one of the earliest companies who have used the term -”Personal Cloud” back in 2009 to put forth our vision. We cannot sit idle and watch the misappropriation of term and vision that we have fought for over many years.
In real sense, the word personal means “of, affecting, or belonging to a particular person rather than to anyone else”. So Personal Cloud means a cloud that is owned by you. not by others.
Like Codd’s 12 rules of database, which he put together to prevent his vision of the relational database being diluted by vendors, We are putting together our 10 rules of Personal Cloud.
Rule 1: The Personal Cloud system should run on the device owned or fully controlled by the end user.
Rule 2: The Owner of Personal Cloud system should have complete ownership, rights of content he/she can put in the Personal Cloud System
Rule 3: The Owner of Personal Cloud system should have complete independence of content he/she can put in the Personal Cloud System
Rule 4: The Personal Cloud System (the app and the data) should be completely Local. The system should be accessible even if there is no internet.
Rule 5: The Personal Cloud System should not snoop or alter the end user content either manually or in an automated fashion
Rule 6: The Personal Cloud System should not pose any storage limits and should be accessible from anywhere.
Rule 7: The owner should be able to stop or shutdown the Personal Cloud system anytime.
Rule 8: The Personal Cloud System should be cross platform and run on all the popular desktop (Windows, Mac and Linux) OSes.
Rule 9: The Personal Cloud System should have clients or be accessible from all the popular mobile OSes (iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows and others).
Rule 10: The Personal Cloud System should run on from low to high end computing devices (Routers, NAS to PCs and Servers) and varied chipset platforms (ARM, MIPS, X86 and others).
If you are a user check whether your beloved service checks all of the rules here and if you are a vendor make sure you comply to all of the rules here before calling yourself as Personal Cloud.
1. Click on Settings, and then on Accounts.
2. Click on Remote Login / Answer to set the Question and answer.
3.Enter the Remote Question and Remote Answer and Submit.
4. Now, when you login Tonido drive / Tonido Sync / Tonido Mobile App you have to enter Remote Answer to complete the credentials properly.
*Note: Once you have set the Remote Answer, and you fail to enter it while Login. Your Login will not be successful.
Secure, limitless Personal Cloud brings anywhere content access to Windows Phones
AUSTIN, Texas, Apr 24, 2014 — CodeLathe, the leader in personal cloud, today launched a new Windows Phone app for its Tonido personal cloud product. With this new release, Codelathe solidifying its leadership position in offering the best in class mobile apps across all major platforms. The new app is part of its private file sync, sharing and mobile access solution that enables data access anytime and anywhere, from any device.
“As Tonido reaches mainstream – crossing over million users, our users expect our solution to provide the best experience in all major platforms,” said Madhan Kanagavel, CEO of CodeLathe “ With this new Windows Phone app, we are one of the very few companies that truly support all major mobile platforms. “
The fully redesigned app uses Windows modern UI to improve user experience and takes advantage of all the powerful features of Windows Phone. The app allows users to remotely access files on computer running Tonido using their Windows Phone. Tonido does more than just provide access, it also streams compatible video and misc files from computer to Windows Phones. This release includes some major features similar to the Tonido’s iOS and Android apps. Here are some of the key features of the new Windows Phone 8 app
- Access all remote files
- Share files with friends and colleagues
- Download and upload files from phone
- Automatically organize your photos, music and video collection
- Create and Manage music playlists for your music
- Stream video and music
“We believe in providing a great user experience through a native app that takes advantage of the underlying platform,” said Anis Abdul, CTO of CodeLathe “Our Windows Phone app is designed ground-up for Windows, using all of its capabilities and modern UI.”
The Tonido server app is available for free download at http://www.tonido.com.
The Tonido Windows Phone app is available for free on the Windows Store at http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/tonido/4eeacbe9-7405-47cc-acd0-f418471f992a
All you need to do is
1. Select the folder that you need to share
2. Click on close on the dialog that appears
3. In the manage share dialog that appears, Click on the “Allow Selected Users”
4. Select “limited” under “Upload Size Limit(KB)” Section.
5. Enter the upload size limit in the textbox.
6. Click on “Update”
Your shared folder allows upload only till the upload size specified
All you need to do is,
- Click on Gallery. This changes the default list view to the Gallery View.
2. Select the folder which you need to view.
3. If the folder contains no image in it, alert will be shown
4. Now click on the slideshow button.
5. Slideshow of your images under the particular folder will be started.
Step 1: Install Screenshare App from Applications in Tonido.
Step 2: On Successful installation, you should be able to see this.
Step3 : Goto to Manage tab in Applications. You will see that the Screenshare app is Suspended. All you have to do is, click on it and resume.
Step 4: So, now you are ready to Capture a Screenshot and Share it easily.
i. Alt+Ctrl+PrintScreen to capture Screenshot.
ii. Tonido 1-Click Share dialog box will Open with a URL in it, Share the URL to share the Screenshot.
A new update for Tonido Desktop on Windows, Mac, Linux and TonidoPlug is available now.
This has a single critical fix for the issue where private shared files cannot be downloaded by guest users.
All you need to do is,
2. Click on the “Advanced Options”.
3. In the Manage Share Dialog that appears, Click on “Expires” under Expires Section. Pick a date.
4.Click on “Update”.
Thats it! Your share will be now valid only till the expiry date! Once the Expiry date has reached the share URL becomes invalid.
We are pleased to announce the beta of our fully redesigned Windows Phone 8 app for Tonido and FileCloud.
Some of the features are
1. Built from ground up to take advantage of Windows 8 facilities
2. Modern UI to improve user experience
3. Full support for Tonido’s indexing features such as access Music, Photos and Video library
4. Supports mulitple accounts similar to the iOS and Android Application
This is your chance to get a preview as well as provide feedback. Here is how.
If you have a windows 8 phone and would like to take part in the beta, Please send your microsoft email id to support @ codelathe.com with the subject “Windows Phone 8 App Beta” and we will provide beta access to the app.
Here are some of the screenshots of the application