If in case you have changed the password of your account then you can skip the step of recreating an account and follow this basic editing:
1. Open Tonido Android app and give a long press on the account you want to edit.
2. A dialog box opens with an option to edit or delete the account, Click on edit and then OK.
3. Edit and necessary changes and Sign in.
To Create a Application lock :
All you need to do is,
Click on the settings icon that appears at the top left corner.
Click on the “manage application lock “.
Then Click on the “Enable Lock”
Draw the pattern to create application lock
Application lock is now created for your tonido app.
To Change the Application lock :
Click on the settings icon that appears at the top left corner
Click on “Change Lock”.
Draw your old pattern
Now draw your new pattern and confirm
Your Application lock is now changed.
1. Click on the file/folder you want to add to favorites.
2. A small Pop up will appear to your right, now Click on Add to Favorites.
3. Either you can add items to default Favorite list or create a New list and add to it.
All you need to do is,
1. Play a song using tonido Android app
3. Click on the plus icon in the dialog to create a new playlist and add songs to it or click OK to add songs to default playlist.
4. Enter the name of the playlist and click OK
Your new playlist is now created.
Step 1: Open settings in Tonido Android App
Step 2: Click on Downloads Path
Step 3: Now click on Change and change the path to store the Downloaded files
Step 4: Once you have changed the path according to your convenience, give Confirm.
Tonido Server Side
In your Tonido server browser UI,
1. Log into your Tonido server and go to Settings->Misc
2. Under “Mobile Media Backup”, Check if the current “Media Store Location” is the place you want the images/videos to be stored (This is selected by the app automatically if nothing was set by the user). If not, set a correct folder.
Tonido iOS App side
Open your iOS App,
You will see a new icon on the bottom left . Tap that icon to open the Camera Upload settings
The camera upload settings will have a number of options, you need to tap the “Server” to select the Tonido Server to backup the photos and videos to.
If you have multiple Tonido servers that support and have enabled Mobile Media Backup, then they will show up int his list. Tap the server to select it as the backup target.
Thats it! Watch it do its thing..
When we started up Tonido, our goal was to provide a compelling alternative to public online services. We figured that a few companies controlling everyone’s information is not good for a equitable society. After 4 years, if we look at the current status of the Internet, all of our worst fears have come true. There is zero privacy and zero anonymity. The web is not open and the ecosystem is controlled by a few companies. One needs to set the expectation that everything that happens on the public internet gets tracked, aggregated, diced, profiled and sold to the highest bidder. Don’t do anything on the internet that you will not do in a public place. People’s memories fade, but the Internet never forgets.
The music you access, the emails you send, the photos you share, the comments you post and pretty much anything you put on public online services serve as one more data point to create your online persona . With a few clicks anybody can buy that data for a cost.
As always, the individual liberty and protection of privacy is the responsibility of users. Nobody is going to do that for you. If you have young kids or newborns many of them will outlive the current set of hot internet companies. But, by the time your kids become adults, the data that you entrust with these companies can change many hands and come back to haunt them in many ways. Even if the current management is benevolent (‘do no evil’) there is no guarantee that the future management will be benevolent. Hard times and bad economies can change the way companies will treat your personal data.
With your permission, you give us more information about you, about your friends, and we can improve the quality of our searches. We don’t need you to type at all. We know where you are. We know where you’ve been. We can more or less know what you’re thinking about - Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman of Google
This quote pretty much summarizes the power that we voluntarily give out to internet companies. The new internet monopolies are not much different from the 19th century robber barons. The railroad magnates used their control over rail road distribution to create monopolies. In similar ways, the large internet firms use network effects, control over personal data and monopolies over desktop and mobile Operating Systems to serve their profit goals. It is not illegal. It is business as usual. But as users we need to think twice about the information we freely offer. What kind of control are we forsaking?
Many of the popular internet companies (Google, Facebook and others) enforce real name policy, thereby ensuring they are able to identify track and aggregate you and your data anytime you use their services. We are not advocating that you should not use their services. But do expect that anything you do and share on these services is up for sale. The “I have nothing to hide” argument is not really valid here. The data you put or share in these services can have profound practical implications in your job search, getting insurance or getting a financial loan. It is not really about hiding stuff any more. The basics of life are at stake here.
Smart people now understand this predicament and indiscriminate sharing on social networks is changing slowly. If you want to have real control over your personal data then you need to have complete control over the system.
Tonido provides such a system. If you want to share your kids photos or share your thoughts with family and friends without any fear, Tonido can do that for you. Using Tonido, you can create this private, safe space that runs on your device behind your home router. You will have 100% control over this private little space.
Here are the 10 things that Tonido can do to safeguard ownership, privacy and anonymity
- No Real Name Policy – Unlike Facebook or Google, we don’t require a real name to create Tonido account. You can choose any name.
- Completely Independent - To facilitate ease of use, we provide dynamic dns and relay server capabilities to access your Tonido device from anywhere. You are free to use our dynamic DNS and relay servers or your own. Here are the instructions.
- Complete Control - Turn it On or Turn it Off any time.
- Private and anonymous shares- Tonido allows you to create private and anonymous file shares
- Ephemeral Shares - Tonido allows you to create time limited, ephemeral file shares that you can use to share content with friends and family
- Guest user support - Create user accounts for your family members and friends in your own Personal Cloud
- Works without internet - The application and data is always local. You can access your Tonido device from your home network even if there is no internet
- Password Security - We store only your user name. We don’t store your passwords in our system. It will give you completely secure access to your data. Any centralized hack will not compromise your data.
- Cross Platform and works on any device - Tonido is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. You don’t need expensive hardware to run Tonido – Any old computer will do.
- Powerful Alternative to Online Services -Out of the Box, Tonido can replace Google Drive, Dropbox, Picassa, Flickr, Facebook and Spotify (If you own your music). It is extremely simple to use and comes with native mobile apps for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry.
In a nutshell, Tonido allows one to access, share, sync and organize personal data from anywhere without losing control over the personal data.
We are committed in our vision to make Tonido the #1 Personal Cloud that safeguards privacy and online freedom. We are happy that our years of effort creating Tonido is making the world a better place. We don’t have billions of Tonido users. But we make a positive difference in the lives of the million or so users that currently take advantage of our systems. An active Tonido user puts order of magnitude less data in the popular online services than an average internet user. Every user that Tonido attracts is one less user for a Public cloud service. That is good enough for us.
Step 1: Go to Settings and then to Accounts Tab.
Step 3: You will see the Tonido Login Screen. From the login screen, you can either login with a different account name or create a new account using the New Account button.
*Note: Switch Account allows you to change the name associated with that computer or TonidoPlug either by switching to different account or by creating a new account
All that you need to do is,
1. Click on Shared Files from the left navigation panel
2. Go to Guests tab
3. Click on “Add Guest” Button to add a guest
4. Type in the guest username and password and click on create. Guest user will be create
5. To update the existing guest :Click on the edit button and type in the new username and password
6. Click on Update button to save the changes
7. To Remove a guest account : Click on the remove button that appears straight to the guest
8. Click on “OK button to delete a guest permanently
To achieve this ,
1. Go to Settings->Network
2. Click on Http Port under the section “Web Settings”.
3. Type in the port on which you need to run tonido.
4. Click Submit.
Restart the tonido server for the changes to take effect.
Your tonido will be now running on the port you specified .For Example : You can open your tonido using http://127.0.0.1:2558