The next major update for the Tonido platform is 3.0, but we are releasing an intermediate update which will be Tonido 2.50.
Important notes before upgrading:
- Your TonidoPlug: Make sure photos and openid applications are deleted
- Your Tonido on MacOSX: To upgrade, please download and install new app from our tonido.com downloads. You cannot do usual Tonido in-app upgrade.
Tonido Guests now can use the same Web UI as admins.
Guest login will use the same richer user interface as the admin user. However, guest users will only see the folders that are shared with them and they cannot browse and access anything else.
Much Faster Thumbnail Generation
Thumbnail image generation is more than 5x faster, this makes a huge difference on the TonidoPlug.
Control over Automatic WAN/LAN switch and Network Interface
More fine grained controls on these settings to disable Automatic WAN/LAN switch as well as the network interface to bind to.
Tonido on Mac OSX
Tonido Sync Updates
- Fixed several problems causing sync to hang
- Sync performance improved dramatically when handling a large number of small files
- Updated sync client
- Can now change the sync location via the client
Tonido Drive Updates
- Tonido Drive now supports guest login
Reduced Memory Usage of Tonido app
- Direct result of P2P features dropped Tonido now uses less memory and will be snappier
More Useful Stats
- Tonido now shows your WAN address, total uptime and total files and data served.
Misc Bug Fixes
- Fix issue with creating folders with WebDAV using NetDrive
- Fix crash with Jukebox with certain malformed tags
- Fix crash on Mac OSX when playing video and some audio files
- And much much more, many inside the hood
As always please let us know of your feedback.