New Tonido Release 0.8.0.11501 Highlights
A new release is now available. Here are the major highlights:
Tonido Backup has been fully revamped. This is backwards incompatible. So note that existing Backup Records will all disappear and you will need to recreate them from scratch.
- Support for local folder backup: Now you can backup all your files & folders locally in addition to remote backup.
- Significantly faster in detecting changed files to perform backup (For example, in my system, file changes in a folder containing 55000 files is detected in about 2 minutes)
- Ability to stop backup activity (and restart will resume backup from the point where the backup was stopped)
- Simplified backup record creation
- Improved details of the backup activity displayed in UI (File being transferred, size remaining, number of files remaining etc)
Expanded Music Format Support for Jukebox
Tonido Jukebox now adds support for the following formats FLAC, AAC, M4A, OGG, WMA in addition to existing mp3s.
iPhone playback support for Jukebox Playlists
This is big. It is now possible to stream your playlist songs to your iPhone. Simply visit the iPhone/Mobile UI and you will now see an additional ‘Jukebox’ section and selecting that will list available playlists for you to start playing. You can even change your streaming music quality. Depending upon your upload bandwidth, this might or might not play smoothly.
Unified Guest View
Simplify sharing by providing a single URL to guest users. http://john.tonidoid.com/guest will allow your guests to login and see all the content shared with them.
Default Mount as Local Drive
You can now mount your computer’s file system as a local drive without needing to setup a share first in WebsharePro. You still need WebsharePro if you want to provide guest users access to specific parts of your filesystem. But for your own access, you just set up a local drive by using your
- URL (http://john.tonidoid.com/)
- Tonido Username (john) and
- Tonido Password
It is pretty simple to set it up.
Sharing Links now separated in Launch View
To make things easier to grok, the sharing related links are now separated out from the main sections. There is also a new link to share your music.
It is now possible to recover your Tonido Password securely in case you forget it. To avail this feature, you need to set a valid password in your profile settings and when you create a new account, your email is now required. If you forget your password, simply click on “Forgot Password” and your password is reset and a new password is emailed to you the email address provided. Login with this password and change your password to what you want. Please note that your password is still not stored anywhere else other than locally and only *YOU* have access to your Tonido instance. Only the password reset email is sent via our servers.
XML RPC Support for Thots
Tonido Thots is now even more powerful. You can now easily post to your Thots not just using the browser UI, but through any UI interface supporting MetaWeblog XML-RPC API. For example, you can use Windows w.Bloggar app to post to thots or even use many of the iPhone apps to post to your Thots. For example, see screenshots using BlogWrite Lite App (Free).
Simplified Webshare User Permissions
It is much simpler to set permissions for File shares.
Shortcuts for Mobile Access
If you browse to your Tonido server using an iPhone/iPod/iPad you should automatically get the iPhone/Mobile UI. But you can also get a shortcut to that interface from a normal browser by just using http://john.tonidoid.com/mobile url.
- Webshare Files, Folders, Photos are now sorted explicitly. Previously, they were not sorted under some conditions.
- There is now a way to “Activate All Apps” in TonidoAdmin->Apps
- A default group is now created on Tonido Account creation to make things easier
- Quickly log out of Tonido using the “Log Out” button in Tonido Admin.
- There are a few more changes too minor to list.
Please see release notes for complete set of changes.
Thanks for your continuing support and let us know by comments below your feedback!